Light, fluffy pancakes always make a yummy breakfast, but it can be easy to down an entire stack… and then be hungry two hours later. The solution: Add protein powder! These flapjacks also mix in cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg for an irresistible gingerbread taste.
- <strong>For spice mix:</strong>
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- <strong>For pancakes:</strong>
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla flavor, or equivalent (we like <a href=”http://bit.ly/1Hd2aF2″ target=”_blank”>Beachbody Base Shake</a>)
- 1/3 cup 1% plain Greek yogurt
- 4egg whites
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons molasses (blackstrap, if possible)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4medium pear, cut into bite-sized chunks (optional)
- To make spice mix, combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine protein powder, yogurt, egg whites, oats, coconut flour, spice mix, baking powder, and molasses in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve pancakes topped with pear, if desired.
Recipe created exclusively for Greatist by Beachbody.