Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, the waffles for this bacon, cheese, and fried egg breakfast sandwich are a cool transformation of ramen noodles. Just boil the noodles, drain, and incorporate them into a straight-up waffle batter (chicken flavoring packet added for a savory boost).
This recipe was featured as part of our Beyond the Ramen Burger: 4 Amazing Ramen Transformations project.
- Yield: 1 sandwich
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
For the ramen waffles:
- 1 packet instant ramen (reserve the seasoning packet)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooked bacon
- 1 fried egg
- 1 slice cheese
- Boil the ramen in the usual way. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, flour, baking powder, water, and half of the chicken flavoring packet.
- Add the noodles and mix together with your hands.
- Split the mixture between two sections in your waffle maker and cook on the darkest setting.
- Build your sandwich and enjoy.