This fresh, healthy summer salad recipe balances sweet, tart, salty, and fresh flavors by combining grilled watermelon with feta and mint. Get more grilled fruit ideas for sweet and savory summer dishes.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 40 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 1 small seedless watermelon (about 4 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Quarter the watermelon lengthwise. Cut each quarter into 2-inch-thick slices. Place on a baking sheet, then brush lightly with olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium heat. Or preheat a stovetop grill over medium heat. Clean and oil the cooking grate. Add the watermelon slices and grill just until marked, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside to cool on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the citrus juices, a pinch of salt, and 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Remove and discard the rinds, then cut the watermelon into chunks and add to a serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss gently. Top with the feta and mint and toss to coat. Serve right away.