Is salt really a major problem for Americans? Here’s what three experts have to say is really going on with salt in America.
Apricot, Apple, and Coconut "Yogurt" Parfait
This recipe and photo were created by contributor Aylin Erman of Glow Kitchen. Learn more about Aylin and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post.
In the morning, you want to reach for something that's both refreshing and nutritious. Yogurt is a popular part of breakfast, but many brands on the market are over-processed, laden with sugars and preservatives. Make breakfast body (and animal) friendly with this vegan apricot and green apple coconut yogurt parfait. Feel free to replace the fruit components with those of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe: Apricot, Apple, and Coconut "Yogurt" Parfait
What You'll Need:
1 can (14oz) BPA-free full-fat coconut milk, chilled
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 green apple
3-4 fresh apricots
Cocoa powder for garnish
Note: If coconut milk's a bit too creamy for you, or you'd like a breakfast treat a bit lower in calories, try subbing in plain coconut milk yogurt or plain cow's milk yogurt!
What to Do:
- In a bowl, whisk together the thick part of the coconut milk with the vanilla extract and sweetener until smooth.
- Chop the green apple and apricots into small pieces.
- In a glass cup or small bowl, place half of the green apples on the bottom. Top the apples with half of the coconut milk yogurt, and then the chopped apricots followed by another layer of the coconut milk.
- Top the second layer of coconut milk with the remaining chopped apples.
- Add a light dusting of cocoa powder for some extra flavor, and enjoy!
What's your favorite way to start the day? Share with us in the comments below!