A new recommendation advocates HIV testing for all teens in high-risk areas, not just those who are sexually active.
Recipe: Manly Marmalade Chicken
While a lot of guys don’t consider the kitchen their primary domain, even the most macho among us occasionally need to step up and switch on a burner or two. Having some bros over before the game, or need a go-to dish for a first date in? Nothing says “Hey Girl” like a flavorful meal that appeals to a hearty palate but doesn’t look like it came out of the Easy Mac aisle (no hate, Kraft).
Enter our Manly Marmalade Chicken, a sweet and spicy dinner that’s easy to keep on the lighter side. The marmalade topping takes the edge off the blackened, Cajun-style chicken, and it’s easy to pull everything together by serving over a bed of yellow (or brown) rice and vegetables. The best part? At just 5 ingredients and with well under 20 minutes of active prep time, you’ll have time to shower and set your fantasy football lineup before that soon-to-be-special someone arrives.
Manly Marmalade Chicken
Serves 4 What You’ll Need:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
A few tablespoons of blackening seasoning (see below for recipe!)
4 tablespoons orange marmalade (or to taste)
2 ½ cups yellow or brown rice
1 16 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
What to Do:
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- While the rice is cooking, coat the chicken in a liberal dose of blackening seasoning. (Pro Tip: Store bought varieties of the seasoning work just fine, but for the more adventurous, make some at home by combining 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika, ½ teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.)
- Sear the chicken for 1 minute on each side until it has is nicely blackened and crisp. Transfer the chicken to a non-stick baking dish (or oven-safe pan) and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the meat), or until the juices run clear.
- Heat the frozen vegetables in the oven or microwave. Mixed with the cooked rice and split up the mixture between 4 plates.
- Plate one chicken breast over the rice mixture on each plate, and a dollop of marmalade on top of each piece of chicken. Enjoy!