These cocoa dusted almonds are one of my favorite nearly guilt-free snacks, and come in handy on so many occasions! If you’re hosting a party, these slightly sweet and salty nuts make a great addition to the line up. I always love homemade gifts, and these almonds offer a nice change of pace from cookies and candy (just store in a mason jar and wrap with a beautiful ribbon). Plus, they're not bad fuel, either.
Makes 2 cups
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine almonds, agave syrup and sea salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix together, fully coating the almonds.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stirring twice during baking to prevent almonds from burning.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven.
- Immediately return almonds to the bowl, add cocoa powder and toss to coat.
- Fully cool and store in an air tight container.
What's your go-to homemade holiday gift? Share your ideas in the comments below!