Fresh berries are one of the best parts of summer. But when you roast 'em? That's bringing it to a whole new level. While I'm happy spooning these soft, sweet berries straight from the bowl into my mouth, there's about a hundred and one ways to enjoy balsamic roasted strawberries! Since we don't have the whole day to talk strawberries, here are my top 10 favorite ways to serve these up:
- A spoonful (or three) over your morning Greek yogurt.
- Better yet, a Greek yogurt, balsamic roasted strawberry, and granola parfait.
- Mixed in with overnight oats (also amazing delicious with cooked oats).
- Used as a topping for a breakfast quinoa bowl.
- Whole-grain crostini with whipped feta and a dollop of roasted berries.
- Skip the syrup, and use these berries as a topping for pancakes, french toast, or waffles.
- Change up your lunch with a salad of dark leafy greens, balsamic roasted strawberries, sliced almonds, and goat cheese (no dressing required).
- Mix these roasted berries with coconut milk and chia seeds for the perfect summery chia pudding.
- Add a couple spoonfuls on top of your favorite ice cream or fro-yo.
- For those who want to indulge a little, try my favorite summer dessert...pound cake topped with balsamic roasted strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
Recipe: Roasted Strawberries with Balsamic
What You'll Need:
2 pints strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, agave, and balsamic vinegar in a large baking dish and mix together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until soft and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled — you decide!
What's your favorite way to enjoy summer's best strawberries? Share with us in the comments below!