If you wanted to do well in school, you asked a teacher for help. The same principle applies if you're practicing sports, learning instruments, or even making friends. In this video from BuzzFeed, a self-described awkard guy hires a life coach to help him get better at making friends. The best part? The video offers several helpful tips and challenges anyone can use to kick-start their social life:
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to get it right the first time.
- Becoming more social doesn’t have to mean becoming someone else.
- How the conversation goes isn't your responsibility.
- Common interests are the foundation to any relationship.
- Trading information is key to a good conversation.
- Focusing on the other person gives you the freedom to feel less self-conscious.
- Talk to someone new every day.
- Get to know your friend crush.
- Buy a drink for a stranger at a bar.
- Hang out with a guest in your apartment.