We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
A fresh pair of sweats, mega-cozy socks, or the even the perfect hoodie can’t fix the dumpster fire that was last year. But as we move into a new year, at least you’ll be comfy AF in your dope new loungewear.
To save you hours of online scrolling, we pulled together the best of the bunch. Here are the best loungewear options to take your comfort and style to a whole new level.
- Best basics set: Uniqlo Women Ultra Stretch Long-Sleeve Set
- Best crewneck sweatshirt: Hanes Men’s EcoSmart Fleece Sweatshirt
- Best luxe crewneck sweatshirt: Lou & Grey Signature Softblend Sweatshirt
- Cozy hoodie: Aritzia TNA COZYAF Perfect Hoodie
- Old-school fleece sweatpants: Jerzees Mens NuBlend Sweatpants
- Luxe fleece sweats: RicherPoorer Fleece Sweatpants
- Perfect joggers: BALEAF Women’s Cotton Sweatpants Cozy Joggers
- Basic t-shirt you’ll want to buy in bulk: Madewell Northside Vintage Tee
- Zip fleece: Uniqlo Women Fluffy Yarn Fleece Full-Zip Jacket
- Cropped fleece: Everlane The ReNew Plush Fleece Sweatshirt
- Basic leggings: Hue Women’s Cotton Ultra Legging with Wide Waistband
- Statement leggings (that double as workout gear): Alo Yoga High-Waist Airlift Legging
- Best bralette: CK One Cotton Unlined Bralette
- Basic tanks you can buy in a pack: Hanes Boys’ Tank
- High-rise undies that’ll make you want to skip pants altogether: Arq High Rise Undies
- Best loungewear with benefits: California Cowboy La Sirena Kimono
- Socks that make you want to gather ‘round the fire: Loritta 5 Pairs Women’s Vintage Style Winter Soft Knit Crew Socks
- Jumpsuit that’s as soft as your sheets: Coyuchi Women’s Solstice Organic Romper
- One-piece that’ll snap you out of a funk, every time: Adidas Allover Print Body Suit
- Drape yourself in velvet: Anthropologie Cozy Hooded Jumpsuit
- Pajama-style set you’ll want to wear all day: Eberjey Gisele Long PJ Set
- Tie dye set: Margrine Women’s Tie Dye Printed Pajamas Set
- The only lounge shorts you’ll ever need: Tommy John Women’s Lounge Short
- Slippers that keep your feet toasty no matter what: Pottery Barn Teddy Bear Slippers
- Bodysuit that also works for your virtual dance class: Universal Standard Next-to-Naked Bodysuit
- Maternity set you’ll wear now and later: Storq 3-Piece Lounge Set
- Chicest caftan: Dwell & Slumber Caftan
- The kind of robe that says adulting: Coyuchi Unisex Cloud Loom Organic Robe
- Lounge-y overalls: Aedvoouer Women’s Jumpsuit Overalls
- Pretty house dress: Salter House Pintuck Night Dress
- Loungewear for your loungewear: L.L. Bean Women’s Winter Fleece Zip Front Robe
As far as we’re concerned, loungewear should be:
- supremely comfortable
- versatile enough to wear out of the house
- easy to care for (aka no special washing instructions)
All of the picks on our list fit this VOC (Very Official Criteria) to ensure your lounging sesh is legit.
There’s basic loungewear and there’s luxe loungewear — we threw a bit of both into the mix.
- $ = under $20
- $$ = $21–40
- $$$ = $41–$75
- $$$$ = $76–$100
- $$$$$ = over $100
Best basics set
If you love a twofer, add this shirt-plus-pants set to your cart. They’re stretchy, lightweight, and the color combos are more fun than basic black or gray. Plus, you can’t beat the price.
Best crewneck sweatshirt
This comfy crewneck is a classic for a reason. The warm cotton-poly blend is super soft and won’t pill when you toss it in the wash.
Pro tip: Go for the men’s over the women’s — the cut is cooler and there are way more colors to pick from.
Best luxe crewneck sweatshirt
It’s comfy but won’t make you look like a schlub on Zoom calls. The vintage-inspired prints are on point and the rayon-acrylic blend is more breathable than fleece.
Booty bonus: The longer length will keep your butt extra cozy.
Best cozy hoodie
Loose without being baggy, you’ll def want to wear this super-soft sweatshirt every day. And the muted colors — like green tea, clamshell brown, and periscope — say pure chillaxation.
Best old-school fleece sweatpants
Think of the sweats your mom would’ve worn in the ’80s. We’re all about the poly-cotton fabric blend, elastic waist, banded ankles, and retro colors.
Heads up: They’re sized for men, so shop accordingly.
Best luxe fleece sweats
Proof that “flattering sweatpants” isn’t an oxymoron. The mid-weight fleece boasts side seam pockets and a broken-in feel. Our fave is the tie-dye wash.
The perfect joggers
Made of lightweight cotton, these jogger-style sweats will look great whether you’re chilling on the couch or out running errands. Oh, and we love that they come in tons of great colors too.
The basic t-shirt you’ll want to buy in bulk
Slim, slightly shrunken fit? Check. Looks just as good with sweats or leggings as it does with jeans or a skirt? Heck yes. Comes in lots of colors and at a price where you can stock up? 10/10.
Best zip fleece
This fleece is soft and warm like a wearable teddy bear 🧸. It’s fab for running errands or socially distanced outdoor hangs… though you won’t want to take it off when you come back inside.
Best cropped fleece
The cropped, boxy fit will make you feel like you actually got dressed. The fact that it’s made from recycled plastic makes it even better.
Best basic leggings
The cotton-spandex fabric has an everyday feel. The wide waistband means no pinching or digging, and the 29-inch inseam will keep your ankles toasty. They’re just great.
Best statement leggings (that double as workout gear)
These are designed for working out — thanks four-way stretch and moisture-wicking fabric! But the shiny fabric and incredible color options (gold! periwinkle!) are so cool you’ll want to wear them 24/7.
What’s not to love? 1) The cotton-modal fabric is buttery soft and stretchy. 2) The multiway straps can be criss-crossed or removed altogether. 3) You can toss it in the wash without worry.
(Plus, it just looks seriously cool.)
Best basic tanks you can buy in a pack
This ICONIC tank looks great on it’s own, but the cotton-poly fabric is light enough for layering too. Shopper hack: You can get FIVE boys’ tanks for the price of one adult women’s tank.
The high-rise undies that’ll make you want to skip pants altogether
These granny panties are what dreams are made of. The above-the-navel rise and full cheek coverage is perfection. The stretchy cotton fabric feels fab and the bound-edge construction means no pinching. Oh, and the earth tone-y color selection is amazing.
Best loungewear with benefits
Do you ever wish your robe (or button down flannel) could do more? Like have a reinforced beer-holder pocket, and a loop to hold your sunglasses, and an interior lining that operates as a towel, and a water-resistance zippered pocket for your phone or valuables.
Consider this your Swiss Army robe with pockets on pockets and the softest terry cloth lining. You might never take it off.
Socks that make you want to gather ‘round the fire
Wool socks are nice in theory… but unless you’re a serious hiker, the price probs isn’t worth it. These cotton-poly-wool blend socks are just as cozy and won’t cost the same as a monthly utility bill. They also come in a ton of cool colors and patterns.
A jumpsuit that’s as soft as your sheets
If you’ve ever just want to stay in bed all day, this one’s for you. The cotton-jersey fabric is ultra soft and easy to move around in. We also dig the adjustable shoulder straps which allow for a customizable fit.
One-piece that’ll snap you out of a funk, every time
This badass body suit is so cool, it’s basically an instant mood booster. If looking at yourself in the mirror isn’t enough, blast some throwback tunes and #DanceLikeNoOnesWatching.
Drape yourself in velvet
The holidays are the time for velvet, baby. But if you’re staying home this year, you can trade the fancy dress or pants for this equally luxe jumpsuit. You’ll still be psyched to wear it even after New Year’s.
The pajama-style set you’ll want to wear all day
This PJ set will make you want to stay in bed — with a pour-over coffee and good book — all day long. The impeccable cut, silky smooth fabric, and rich color will make any lazy day classy.
Best tie dye set
Sure, you could DIY your tie-dye. But with color options this good, you def don’t need to. You can pick between a long-sleeved top and jogger-style bottoms or drawstring shorts.
Bonus: The poly-cotton blend fabric is cozy and super soft.
The only lounge shorts you’ll ever need
Professional lounging calls for shorts that deliver next-level comfort. These buttery soft and stretchy cuties are made from acrylic, rayon, and spandex. You can wear them all year long and they won’t go out of style.
Slippers that keep your feet toasty no matter what
Look at the soft fuzzy fabric and the plush footbed. How could you not want these on your feet right now? The sturdy rubber sole means you won’t slip ‘n’ slide around either.
A bodysuit that also works for your virtual dance class
Yup, there are some serious ballerina vibes going on here. But the contoured waistband, breathable fabric, built-in bra, and stretchy nylon-Lycra fabric means it’s also perfect for hanging out at home. Or, wear it as a base layer for chilly outdoor hangouts.
Maternity set you’ll wear now and later
The cotton fabric is soft but substantial with a touch of stretch that makes it easy to move. The lounge pant, tank top, and kimono-style jacket combo work individually or altogether. FYI: It also transitions into the perfect nursing ensemble.
The chicest caftan
It’s designed for pregnant peeps, but you def don’t need a bun in the oven to love the heck out of this soft, breezy house dress. (Though new moms and moms-to-be will definitely appreciate the nursing-friendly buttons.) And if you wanna wear it out, that works too.
The kind of robe that says adulting
The organic long-staple cotton is thick, lofty, and just all-around swanky. It’s also hella toasty and towel-level absorbent for those dreaded cold winter mornings.
Best lounge-y overalls
Perfectly slouchy with adjustable knotted traps and flat front pockets, you could definitely wear these out and look pretty awesome in an IDGAF kinda way. But the loose fit and cool cotton-linen blend fabric makes them really great for just hanging out at home.
Best pretty house dress
On days when you really wish you had a reason to get dressed, reach for this full-length nightgown. The pretty lace detailing gives it an extra special feel. If you take some mirror selfies for the ‘gram, folks will totes ask where you got it from.
Best loungewear for your loungewearuni
Everyone’s baseline style is down at least one fancy notch right now. So if leggings and a hoodie are your weekday uniform, you can don this fleecy blanket robe on the weekend.