Creamy nacho cheese sauce, tortilla chips, and pickled jalapeños top grilled spiral-cut hot dogs in this ode to movie theater noshing. Try our Banh Mi Spiral-Cut Hot Dogs recipe too.
- Yield: 4 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
- Active: 15 mins
For the nacho sauce:
- 5 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 grilled spiral-cut hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- Tortilla chips
- Pickled jalapeños
To make the nacho cheese sauce:
- Put the cheese, cornstarch, and milk in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly with a whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Place the grilled hot dogs in the buns.
- Stick tortilla chips along both sides of the dogs, pour over the nacho cheese sauce, and sprinkle with slices of pickled jalapeños.