This chilled tofu salad, brimming with crunchy cucumbers and green beans and tossed in a tangy miso-ginger vinaigrette, is a gratifying, filling, healthy meal.
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch-long pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 10 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small head butter lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces (about 5 cups)
- Miso-Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrot into strips and set aside. Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water bath. When the beans are chilled, drain again and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, place the carrot strips, green beans, tofu, scallions, cucumber, and lettuce. Add the vinaigrette and toss until the vegetables are well coated. Sprinkle the peanuts over the salad and serve immediately.