I don’t remember where I got this recipe. I entered it into my data base several years ago. The muffins are not low calorie, but are quite tasty. They make a nice light meal with a green salad and fruit. I’ve also made them using part-skim ricotta, 1/2 cup egg substitute, and replacing 1/4 cup of the butter with 1/4 cup applesauce.
- Yields: 12 muffins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 minutes
- Active: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and dill.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, and eggs. Stir in ricotta cheeseand shredded zucchini. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (The batter will be stiff.)
- Fill 12 greased muffins cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and serve.