This recipe is presented by Eggland’s Best.
When you’re tired, out of time, or just want the comfort of simplicity, brinner (breakfast for dinner), is a welcome solution.
This isn’t any old grilled cheese, though. The sausage and egg pack an extra protein punch.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins
- Active: 25 mins
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 6 large Eggland’s Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked hot or Italian sausage crumbles
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 8 slices Land O Lakes Deli American Cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter with the olive oil and salt in a 10-inch nonstick skillet until it’s sizzling.
- Add the eggs and sausage crumbles.
- Cook over medium heat, gently lifting and lightly stirring the eggs and sausage with spatula to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath, for 4-5 minutes or until set.
- Remove the egg mixture from the skillet; keep warm.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and spread about 1 teaspoon of the Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salton on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Assemble the sandwiches by topping 1 slice bread, buttered-side down with 1 slice of American cheese, 1/4 of the cooked egg mixture, 1 slice of American cheese, and 1 slice of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 sandwiches into the skillet; cooking for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted (flip only once).
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and keep warm while cooking the remaining sandwiches.