Ever measured your drink pours by counting out one thousand, two thousand, three thousand…? If not, allow Alan Cumming to demonstrate! Already in the habit of throwing nightly backstage parties in his Broadway dressing room, the actor now owns Club Cumming, a fun, inclusive East Village bar where literally everyone can get in on the action. There’s plenty of dancing, singing, live performances, and general merrymaking (even knitting!) in addition to strong drinks like the Wild Ginger, which starts with a wallop of Wild Turkey, gets feisty with Fireball cinnamon whiskey, and is topped off with bubbly ginger beer and lime juice. Check out the video to learn how to tend bar like Alan does—but if just watching those incredibly generous pours makes you feel woozy, see more standard measurements at left. It’s still gonna pack a punch.
For something less spicy but certainly no less boozy, get the club’s Up and Cumming cocktail recipe too.
- Yield: 1 stiff drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 min
- Active: 5 min
- 2 ounces Wild Turkey bourbon
- 1 ounce Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- generous splash of ginger beer
- 3 lime wedges, to garnish
- Fill a tumbler with ice.
- Pour in the Wild Turkey and Fireball and stir. Top with a generous splash of ginger beer and gently stir again.
- Squeeze the lime wedges into the drink and serve with a straw.