This is a hit every Thanksgiving! I have people that pay me to make this casserole for them to heat up on holidays for there family!
It’s a little work with peeling and mashing! But, the taste is amazing, everyone will think it is a dessert because of how good it taste!
- Yields: 12 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 minutes
- 8-10 Sweet Potato’s
- 1-cup of sugar
- 2-eggs beaten
- 1-can of evaportated milk
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1-tsp vannilla
- 1-cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of butter melted
- 1-cup of chopped or mashed pecans ( I mash mine)
- 2-tablespoons of Orange Juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Peel and slice your sweet potato’s and boil until soft for 15-20 minutes. Then drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix sweet potatos, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, salt, 1/3 cup butter and vannilla.
- Pour into greased 13 × 9 casserole dish
- Now lets make the topping. Prepare the topping in a bowl. Brown sugar, flour, 1/3 cup of melted butter, and pecans. Mix it all together. It will be crumbling!
- Now crumble topping over the sweet potato mixture that is in the casserole dish
- Bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes