We created this potent Romulan Ale-inspired drink in honor of the second season premiere of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access. Blue curaçao accounts for the lovely color, while an emulsified egg white and tonic water give it some body and fizz; vodka gives it kick. Add a few drops of orange blossom water to finish for a stellar drink experience. If you’re wary of its intoxicating effect, make something from our Star Trek menu to go along with it. (And if you’re thirsty for more, browse our other cocktail recipes.)
Game Plan: Make our Easy Simple Syrup recipe before you begin, and make the effort to track down orange blossom water, which you can buy online or find in many grocery stores and Middle Eastern markets. If you’re unsure about the egg white, see our guide to using eggs in cocktails for reassurance.
Special Equipment: A cocktail shaker is a must, so if you haven’t equipped your home bar yet, check out our guide to the best cocktail sets on Amazon.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 min
- Active: 5 min
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- tonic water
- 4 drops orange blossom water
- Fill a pint glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, blue curaçao, simple syrup, lemon juice, and egg white. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to emulsify.
- Pour into glass and top off with tonic.
- Add 4 drops of orange blossom water and enjoy!