Game plan: To keep the hummus bright green and fresh-tasting, make this the day you plan to serve it.
- Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups picked and washed spinach leaves (about 1/2 a large bunch)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add all of the measured ingredients plus black pepper to taste. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. If the hummus seems too thick, add up to 2 tablespoons of additional water. Process again and taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Transfer to a bowl and serve with pita triangles, baguette toasts, or vegetable crudités.