For this healthy breakfast sandwich, sautéed arugula meets eggs and cheddar on toasted English muffins.
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 cup lightly packed arugula
- 2 large eggs
- 2 English muffins
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Mayonnaise or unsalted butter
- Add oil to skillet on medium-high heat. Add arugula and cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to break down a bit.
- Using the spatula divide the arugula mixture in half and shape it into 4 inch round circles. Turn heat down to medium.
- Break an egg over each circle and cook for 2 minutes. Put muffins in the toaster. Add cheese over top of eggs and cook for 2 or 3 more minutes, covering pan with lid if possible.
- Spread condiments on muffins and with a spatula carefully place egg and arugula mixture over top.