Blended Scotch and Cynar take the place of gin and Campari in this twist on the classic Negroni cocktail from Carey Jones and John D. McCarthy in Food & Wine magazine.
For more scotch cocktails, we recommend our Rob Roy. And for more Negroni variations, see this Negroni recipes roundup.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1½ ounces good-quality blended Scotch
- 1 ounce Cynar
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
- A dash of grapefruit bitters
- Grapefruit peel, for garnishing
- Combine the Scotch, Cynar, and sweet vermouth in a mixing glass with ice. Add the grapefruit bitters and stir until well chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass with fresh ice. Squeeze the grapefruit peel over the drink to release the oils, drop it into the glass, and serve.