Salads don’t have to be all about the veggies. In this one, fresh, juicy peaches and sweet strawberries play starring roles, supported by crunchy cucumbers and almonds, protein-rich chickpeas, and creamy avocado. All dressed up in a mild white balsamic vinaigrette, this salad will quickly become a summer staple.
- For dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- For salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1peach, pitted and sliced
- 8strawberries, sliced
- 1/2small avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup almonds
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, chickpeas, and cucumber slices. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat as evenly as possible.
- Gently mix in peaches, strawberries, avocado, and almonds.
- Allow salad to sit for a few minutes before serving so flavors can develop.