The secret ingredient in this tasty recipe is the sweet potato, which (along with hummus) adds a creamy texture so there’s no need for mayo. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make!
- 1 can (5-6 ounces) unsalted tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup baked sweet potato chunks, cooled (about 1/2 medium sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1scallion, green part only, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, use a fork to break tuna chunks into small pieces. Add sweet potato chunks, tomatoes, celery, and scallion, and mix together.
- Add hummus and mustard to moisten tuna to desired preference. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.