This pizza capitalizes on fig’s mellow sweetness by complementing it with balsamic-glazed sautéed onions and light and creamy garlic ricotta cheese. Served on warm flatbread and garnished with parsley and arugula, this recipe combines effortless charm with detailed composition. It’s the perfect way to satisfy your hunger, your eyes, and your taste buds all at once.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1multi-grain flatbread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2fresh figs, quartered
- Handful arugula (or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion until slightly translucent. Add balsamic vinegar, mixing until distributed evenly. Cook until onions are soft and balsamic has evaporated. Set aside.
- Warm flatbread in the oven 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ricotta and garlic.
- Remove flatbread and spread evenly with ricotta mixture. Top with the onions, figs, and arugula.