Enjoy this light, refreshing, Asian inspired, Chicken Salad compliments of Paul Martin’s American Bistro!
- Yields: 2 generous servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 minutes
- Active: 15 minutes
- For the Salad: 2 oz. shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 oz. shredded butter lettuce
- 5 oz. poached chicken (shredded or diced)
- 2 oz. julienned red bell pepper
- 2 oz. julienned Fuji apple
- 1 oz. crispy noodles
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro leaves
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ½ oz. sesame-ginger vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- For the Vinaigrette: (makes approx. 2 cups)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 cup canola salad oil
- For the Salad: Combine poached chicken and 1 oz. of the vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl, reserving half of the crispy noodles and sesame seeds for topping salad.
- Toss gently with hands, and pile high in a chilled salad bowl. Top with remaining noodles and sesame seeds.
- For the Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients except oils in a bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oils.