Here I go and break my own rule and make a muffin that is more like dessert. So sue me. I use powdered instant coffee because I think its coffee flavor remains truer than that of fresh-brewed coffee. If you don’t have any instant coffee, just use an extra tablespoon of cocoa powder and have a chocolate – chocolate chip muffin.
- Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the instant coffee powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy milk, oil, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center of one comes out clean.