This recipe is a week night favorite. Serve with a crusty bread for soaking up the sauce and a salad – your family will love it and you will love how easy it is to make. The mediterranean flavors work well with almost any firm, white fish.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 40 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 4 – 6 tilapia filets
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar prepared pesto (fresh can be used as well)
- 1 8 oz package of feta cheese
- 1 – 1.25 lbs roma tomatoes, cur into one-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sliced black olives (optional)
- Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish (big enough for your filets to lie flat) with a coating of extra virgin olive oil.
- Lay the tilapia filets on top of the olive oil, making sure they do not overlap.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper.
- Spread the top of each filet with a generous coating of pesto.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch cubes and spread throughout the dish.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top of the tomatoes and fish. You can add the olives here if you choose to add them.
- Cover all with a generous coating of olive oil (until the fish is almost covered).
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish filets). You want the fish to be flaky and the tomatoes to have cooked down a bit, but they will rmain firm. The recipe will make quite a bit of liquid, as the tomato juices, the olive oil and the fish juices come together to make an incredible sauce for dipping.