Some days a milkshake is all you need to stay cool, other days only an ice pop will do. These chai popsicles are wonderfully fragrant, perfect to end off a rich Indian meal of complex flavors or to punctuate a lazy summer afternoon. They’re super easy to put together—once you’ve made the basic mix for our Chai Frozen Milkshakes, all you need are pop molds and a little patience.
- Yields: 6 (2-ounce) ice pops
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins, plus at least 6 hrs freezing time
- 1 recipe Chai Frozen Milkshakes, omitting the whipped cream and ground cinnamon garnish
- Follow the instructions for Chai Frozen Milkshakes through step 6, ignoring the part about making whipped cream.
- Pour even amounts of the milkshake mixture into the freezer pop molds. Tap the molds a few times on the counter to release any bubbles. Insert the sticks and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours.
Photos by Chris Rochelle