During the late 1990s, it was impossible to enter a bar and not hear a few ladies (and occasionally some dudes) declare, “I’ll have a Cosmo!” Nowadays, the drink carries a shroud of shame—it’s pink and passé after all—but it’s still a tasty cocktail that packs a punch.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- Splash freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slice, for garnishing
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Combine the vodka, Cointreau or triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into the chilled glass and garnish with the lime slice.