Fresh or frozen berries, a little sugar, and yellow cake mix are all you need for this easy campfire cake and berry cobbler recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
- Yields: 10 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or a mix), or 2 dry pints fresh berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Prepare a grill or campfire for medium heat, using 20 to 24 charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal. Line a cast iron Dutch oven with heavy-duty foil and add the berries and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Dump the cake mix into a medium bowl and follow package instructions for mixing the batter. Spread the cake batter over the berry filling.
- Cover the Dutch oven with its lid and place on the grill or over the campfire. Cook until the filling is bubbly, the cobbler top is firm and rounded, and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes. Serve warm.