Penne pasta cooked al dente combines with sautéed spinach, crumbled feta, crème fraîche, and yogurt in this easy vegetarian baked pasta dish.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1 hr 10 mins
- Active: 25 mins
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 pound baby spinach
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces crumbled feta
- 7.5 ounces crème fraîche or sour cream
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. It’s best if the pasta is slightly undercooked. Drain.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, warm a drizzle of olive oil. Add the spinach and a sprinkle of salt and cook, stirring, until wilted. Transfer to a colander and press out all of the liquid. Chop coarsely.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the feta, crème fraîche, and yogurt. Add the spinach and stir to combine, then stir in the pasta. Season with black pepper and pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan.
- Bake until warmed through and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve right away.