…inspired by my stay in Andalucia, Espana. A fine tapa it is.
- Yield: enough for a romantic meal
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 minutes
- Active: 15 minutes
- 1 can drained, squeezed (to get water out) artichoke hearts
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp)
- very, very finely diced red bell pepper (3 tbsp)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ground sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. After artichoke hearts are drained and squeezed of water, cut into quarters to expose tender parts. Arrange flat in small casserole dish.
- Mix the chopped garlic and olive oil in a small bowl, with a basting brush. With brush, spread olive oil mixture on top of artichokes. Grind black pepper and sea salt on top to liking, and garnish with chopped red pepper
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until dish bubbles and tops of artichokes begin to brown. Careful, do not burn.
- Optional: You can use finely chopped bacon, proscuitto or pancetta to add flavor. You can also drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar once out of the oven.