This alternative to basil and pine nut pesto is great on pizza, pasta, or straight from a spoon, which happens to be my 2-year-old daughter’s favorite way of eating it!
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 1 bunch (about 2 1/2 ounces, including the stems) watercress
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled but whole
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine everything in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, then process for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a serving bowl, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.