It’s a ballpark classic to combine soft pretzels with hot mustard, and it’s a favorite of CHOW Editor in Chief Jane Goldman to combine hard pretzels with Jarlsberg. Here we teamed up all those flavors and toasted the results for a winner of a snack.
- Yield: 1 sandwich
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- 1 (3-ounce) Soft Pretzel Roll (or substitute 1/2 Dutch crunch roll)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Hot Mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. While the pan is heating, cut the roll in half lengthwise and press down on each half to flatten. Spread the butter on the outside of each half and the mustard on the inside.
- Once the pan is warm, add a roll half buttered side down, top with the cheese, and close the sandwich with the remaining roll half buttered side up.
- Cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side.