This hearty bowl of oats is a perfect way to start the day. Chia seeds make it nice and thick, and it’s just sweet enough without being too sweet. Enjoy it hot or cold, topping with extra berries, sweetener, and a splash of almond milk before serving, if you like.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a ramekin or other single-serving, oven-proof dish with coconut oil.
- In medium bowl, mix together oats, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk almond milk, egg white, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- After a few minutes, chia seeds should cause mixture to thicken up a bit. Pour into the prepared ramekin and top with berries. Scatter almonds over top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until oatmeal is set.