When we stumbled across these dark chocolate avocado cookies on Pinterest, we knew we had struck gold simply because they covered all of the staff’s dietary needs and loves in one simple recipe: gluten- and dairy-free, with avocado and dark chocolate as the main ingredients. We promise you’ll love them too. Adapted from Cooking with Dia.
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix (or whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado and sugar in a food processor until well incorporated. (If you’re short a food processor, mix very well in a bowl with a spoon.)
- Add vanilla, cider vinegar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix until batter is smooth and ingredients are evenly incorporated. Transfer batter to a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and flatten (dough will not spread when it bakes). Bake for 10 minutes, turning the tray around halfway through.
- Allow cookies to sit for 3 to 4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.