Cocktail parties don't always offer the healthiest of finger foods. (We're looking at you, pigs in a blanket.) For your next get-together, give these gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan (but oh so flavorful) stuffed mushrooms a try. Bonus: They're simple to make.
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup minced Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup dairy-free Mexican style shredded "cheese"
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 large button mushrooms, stems discarded
- 3 fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add wild rice, cheese, carrots, cashews, salsa, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, or until warm. Remove from heat.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from oven and garnish with chives.