Now that it’s chilly outside, you may be starting to trade your morning ice-cold smoothie for warmer breakfast foods. Oats are an obvious option, but if you’re looking for a more savory option, give this scrambled tofu recipe a try. Serve it with the suggested sides and toppings below, or bundle it up in a whole grain wrap for a more portable meal.
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1scallion, finely diced
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 packagefirm tofu, very well drained
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
- In a small bowl, mix together nutritonal yeast, turmeric, cumin, paprika, water, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Mist a frying pan with olive oil and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add scallion and garlic, and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers. Pour seasoning over tofu and mix well, trying to color as much tofu as possible. Cook for 2 minutes or until tofu is hot throughout.
- Toss in parsley and continue to stir for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with favorite sides and toppings, such as sliced avocado, whole-grain crackers or toast, sliced tomato, bacon (regular or meat-free), salsa, and/or hot sauce.