This recipe was featured as part of our Fall Ingredients photo gallery.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 medium Bosc pear, quartered and thinly sliced
- Place onion in a small bowl of ice water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place mustard, vinegar, water, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl and whisk until combined.
- Strain onion from ice water, pat dry, and place in a large nonreactive bowl. Add spinach, pear, and 3 tablespoons of the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Taste, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and add more dressing as desired.