Time can be short in the morning, and you know breakfast is important. With overnight oats, you slap it together the night before and have it ready in the fridge to grab quickly and eat on the go. It’s a balanced, nutritious, homemade breakfast that’s delicious too: There’s fiber, protein, probiotics, calcium, and fresh fruit in this recipe. So much better than store-bought cereal.
If you want to add something savory to your overnight oats breakfast, make this Breakfast Sausage Sweet Potato Muffins recipe ahead of time. Both of these morning nibbles would be wonderful with this Orange Frothy recipe. Squeeze the orange juice the night before, or on Sunday for the week to save time in the morning. You’ll only need three ingredients, plus ice.
- Yield: 1 serving
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 12 hrs
- Active: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk (almond, rice, soy, coconut or regular)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Summer fruit (peach, pineapple, kiwi, berries), optional
- Combine the oats, greek yogurt, milk, salt, honey, and chia seeds in a bowl or jar; mix until well combined. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, serve with sliced peaches, kiwi, pineapple, and berries — on top or mixed in.