Caramelized potatoes and kielbasa get tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing at the very end, resulting in flavorful one-pot meal. It’s good for any meal, but served with a poached egg, it’s a spectacular brunch for a small crowd.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, in wedges
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa or other Polish type sausage, sliced ¼-in wide
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and water and quickly cover pan to let potatoes steam and soften, about 8 minutes. Test potatoes with a fork to see that they’re tender.
- Remove from heat and continue to cook, stirring only as needed, until water has evaporated and potatoes are just starting to brown, about 6 minutes. Add onion and kielbasa and cook, stirring as needed, until most of the ingredients are golden brown, about 5 minutes more, adding a bit more oil if needed.
- Meanwhile, mix together salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar, and brown sugar. When potates and kielbasa are dark golden brown, remove from heat and add dressing to pan, tossing to coat.Add spinach and cook, stirring only as needed until spinach has barely wilted.