Every Monday on our Instagram stories, we share a super-easy, 7-ingredients-or-less recipe. Follow us for a new episode each week!
Most spiced nuts are fine. Some are even good. But these? These are great. The rosemary and cayenne combination is surprising but amazing, and the variety of nut options will leave every kind of squirrel happy. Even better, they're Paleo-approved and processed sugar-free.
Since they're easy to make and look deliciously festive, we also love giving a small bag as gifts around the holidays. And we also love filling fancy bowls with the mix and impressing all of our holiday house guests. Basically, we love them no matter how they're served.
Share a photo of your own spiced nuts on Instagram and tag us @greatist.
Recipe adapted from: What Great Grandma Ate
Makes: 10 servings
Ready in: 20 minutes
1/2 lb raw cashews
1/2 lb raw walnuts
1/2 lb raw almonds
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp rosemary, chopped (plus more to taste)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cashews, walnuts, almonds, and melted coconut oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the nuts onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until nuts are golden and crisp.
5. Sprink with more salt and fresh rosemary while nuts are warm.
6. Cool for 15 minutes, then stir to break up the large nut clusters. Serve!