A soft taco topped with a fried egg is perfect as the first thing you eat in the morning or the last thing you eat at night, even when those lines blur a bit. These have refried beans, melted cheddar, and creamy Greek yogurt to boot.
This recipe was featured as part of our 7 Fried Egg Breakfast Tacos.
- Yields: 6 tacos
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- Vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans, black or pinto
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Set a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add a bit of oil to the center, and break in 1 egg. Season with a little salt and fry until the white is set. Remove to a warm platter and repeat with the remaining 5 eggs.
- Meanwhile, grab a medium nonstick skillet, set it over medium-low heat, and add a bit of oil and the beans. Stir until hot, then add the grated cheese and let it melt.
- Meanwhile, heat your tortillas (we do it directly over a gas flame till they’re puffed and a little blistered).
- Place an egg on top of each tortilla, spoon on the beans and melted cheese, and top each taco with a spoonful of yogurt. Serve immediately, allowing guests to sprinkle with hot sauce.