The key to making a good balsamic vinaigrette is balancing tangy balsamic vinegar with olive oil. Here I’ve added a bit of brown sugar to bring out the sweetness in the balsamic, and some marjoram leaves for herbal freshness. This dressing comes together in about 5 minutes, and thanks to the blender it has a thick, creamy consistency. Use any leftovers to marinate meat or vegetables for grilling.
- Yield: About 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until evenly combined, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 3 days.