For this easy adobo chicken taco recipe, you’ll need shredded rotisserie chicken, Mexican Adobo Sauce, tortillas, sour cream, a jalapeño, cilantro, and a lime.
Game plan: Make up a batch of Mexican Adobo Sauce before you begin.
- Yield: 6 tacos
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Mexican Adobo Sauce (see note)
- 1 pound shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut in 6 wedges
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet or nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the Mexican Adobo Sauce and cook until it’s fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and cook until the chicken is heated through, moving the pieces around with a pair of tongs, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Warm the tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Assemble the tacos: Pile some of the chicken in a warm tortilla, add a spoonful of sour cream, and sprinkle with the jalapeño and cilantro. Finish with a squeeze of lime and the optional hot sauce and serve.