Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Want a comforting breakfast recipe to cozy up to on these chilly, autumn mornings? Filled with fiber and helpful in lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease, oatmeal is a great choice. This warm cereal can be pretty darn delicious, especially when jazzed up with healthy proteins, low-fat dairy, and fruits and veggies. Try a take on a traditional favorite Thanksgiving treat and enjoy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for a healthy breakfast, perfect for any fall morning!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
(Adapted from Oh She Glows)
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup low fat, skim, soy, or almond milk
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, lemon peel, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Toppings: (Choose as few or as many as you like!)
1 tbsp chopped pecans
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon
Splash of milk
Crumbled graham cracker
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oats and milk of choice over medium heat.
- When it comes to a low boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and add pumpkin. Heat and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- Add spices and vanilla and stir frequently for another 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
- Grab your slippers, a good book, a cute puppy, and enjoy!
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.