Made with super convenient broccoli slaw, these fresh summer rolls require very little chopping and make a great appetizer for your next-get together. Feel free to make them vegetarian by swapping a plant-based protein source such as tofu or tempeh in for the chicken, but do not skimp on the sauce. It’s absolutely addictive—in fact, you may want to make a double batch!
- <strong> For sauce: </strong>
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
- <strong>For rolls:</strong>
- 6-8rice paper wraps
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 1/3medium English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2-3 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor until evenly incorporated. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Working with 1 rice paper sheet at a time, dip in a large bowl of warm water until soft and avoid folding any edges.
- Place wrap rough side up on a clean plate. Layer fillings into bottom center, leaving 1 to 2 inches on each side.
- Fold right and left edges inward, then pick up bottom edge and roll away from you. Place roll on a separate plate seam side down. Repeat the entire process with remaining rice wraps. (Do not try to soak more than 1 wrap at once—you’ll be left with a big sticky mess!)
- Serve with red curry dipping sauce.
Note: If you are planning to make these in advance, wrap individually in damp paper towels and store in a sealed container in the fridge.