Put a spin on classic puttanesca by adding shrimp (for protein) and kale (because you can always stand some leafy greens), then serve everything over zucchini noodles. The spiciness of this Mediterranean dish pairs perfectly with pinot noir. Just sayin’.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (24 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, grilled or canned
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 pound shrimp
- 4 cups spiralized zucchini noodles
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Add onion and stir until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kale, artichokes, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and zucchini noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve topped with feta.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eating Purely by Elizabeth Stein.