Subtly smoky yet sweet (thanks to honey), this cocktail tastes complex but is super easy to make—all you have to do is stir.
- <strong>For honey syrup:</strong>
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- <strong>For cocktail:</strong>
- 1 1/2 ounces scotch whiskey (we like <a href=”http://highlandpark.co.uk/” target=”_blank”>Highland Park 12 Whisky</a>)
- 1/2 ounce brandy
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup
- 3 dashes Allspice Dram
- 2orange peels, for garnish
- To make honey syrup, heat honey over the stove. Add water and stir. Let cool and keep refrigerated. (This makes 2 cups syrup. Cut down recipe as necessary, always using equal parts honey and water.)
- To make cocktail, stir all ingredients except garnish together. Strain over a large ice cube in a rocks glass. Garnish with orange peels.