Perfect to prepare in advance for any time you’re in a rush, this recipe is filled with vitamins and minerals. The broccoli spread has a cheesy taste from the nutritional yeast. This makes a refreshing light lunch or snack.
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large leaves flat-leaf kale or collard greens
- 1roasted red pepper, sliced
- Place broccoli in a saucepan with about 2 inches water and bring to a boil. Cover and let cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until broccoli is softened. Drain.
- Place broccoli, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a food processor, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Lay kale leaves flat on a surface. Using a knife, cut along edges of stem to remove. Split leaves in half where stem once was.
- Spread each leaf with a few spoonfuls broccoli mixture. Lay red pepper on top. Roll leaves up.