Zucchini is an incredibly versatile vegetable that can be eaten raw, fried, grilled, or baked, and it tastes great with almost anything, from meats and cheese to grains and other veggies. This recipe incorporates protein-rich quinoa, feta, fresh dill, and garlic yogurt to make a Mediterranean-inspired dish without any excess oils or flours. The result is a lip-smacking easy-to-prepare meal we guarantee you'll crave.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Cook quinoa in 1 3/4 cups water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until quinoa has completely absorbed water. Set aside and let cool.
- Place zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Wait for 10 minutes so salt can extract juices from zucchini. With clean hands, squeeze zucchini, then pat with a thin towel to soak up extra water.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add feta cheese and combine well with zucchini, onion, green pepper, dill, and cooked quinoa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Form mixture into patties.
- Heat a saucepan with oil until it begins to smoke. Add patties and press each down with edge of a spatula to slightly flatten. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flip, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix garlic and yogurt. Serve aside or atop patties.