Let's be real—there's no day we're not craving cookies. But instead of running out to the bakery (who's got time for that?), we like to keep a stash of these no-bake chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. They're super simple to make—like, 10 minutes-easy. Plus, thanks to an oat- and nut-flour, the cookies are wheat free and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Basically, we're admitting that sometimes they make a mighty fine breakfast too. No regrets.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by: Jamie Webber
Makes: 30 cookies
Ready in: 10 minutes, plus freezing time.
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1/4 cup raw pecans
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan salt, or more to taste
1 3.5-ounce dark chocolate bar
1. Grind cashews, pecans, and oats in a food processor or blender until a fine meal forms.
2. Place cashew mixture and remaining wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until a dough forms, then refrigerate.
3. Chop the chocolate bar into tiny pieces.
4. Remove dough from the fridge and mix in chocolate.
5. Roll into balls (or any shape you prefer) and try not to eat them all in one sitting.
Want More? How to Keep Cookies Soft